Google Doc Template of this page: Click HERE.
Note: Remember to revise your writing into a final draft.
Team Names or Code Name
Link to news story
Summary of news story (main idea, details; why they are important; how they are connected)
Write a news brief:
Lead: Start with a sentence that tells what/when/where in the first thirty words --- and a strong verb in the first seven words.
Details: Add detail sentences to tell who, how, why.
Kicker: End with a suggestion, question, or quote.
Fictionalized story with the characters or events
Poem about the real or imaginary story
- analyze your newsbrief for lead, details, and kicker...
- analyze your story for the part you liked...
- analyze your story for the alliteration, consonance, simile, action verbs, etc.
- explained the part of your poem which you liked the best...
Read other team summaries, stories, and poems. Comment on:
- Your newsbrief included the lead, details, and kicker...
- Your story connected to the summary when you...
- I liked the part in the story when...
- I noticed the (alliteration, consonance, simile, action verbs, etc.) when your team wrote...
- I liked the part in the poem ...